Sunday, September 9, 2012

Almay Intense i-Color Shadow Stick (for Brown Eyes) REVIEW

Now this product is obviously a knock-off of the Revlon Smokey Shadow stick, but being on a budget forced me to give it a shot. The 1st thing that stuck out to me (or should I say didn't stick out) was how dull and boring the packaging is. Just a white plain tube. The name of the product isn't even listed on the packaging! The second thing that stood out to me, when I got home, was the fact that the champagne color after being twisted all the way up fell right off!
I can't necessarily blame this on the quality of the product, but rather the quality of the tube and packaging itself. I've read several other reviews on this as well as other dupes (Revlon & Covergirl's) version of the product doing the same thing. I personally think they're all packaged or manufactured at the same place because the packaging dimensions, caps, product points, colors and all are identical.

The color glides on super smooth, in fact, initially, I thought it was a bit too smooth. The pigmentation is wonderful. However, it's best to set or layer a shadow on top. Commonly used as a base, I find it works best as this. really allows the color(s) to work to its fullest potential.

I did notice that the colors are very glittery applied alone. However, with shadow on top, even ones with glitter in them, it is not overwhelming.

These colors hold up great and have wonderful pigmentation. MACs Paint Pot in Bare Study [pictured below] looks similar to the colors included in the Almay shadow stick. However, as you can see, the Paint Pot applies very uneven and is not concentrated in all areas. The Almay shadow stick, as you can see, is.

I also can appreciate the convenience of it being in 'pencil' form, I guess I could say. The pots just take up a bit more time with not as great pigmentation or results.


















It's advertised to be 'crease proof'..but what isn't?!?! Everyone advertises their cream products to 'not crease'. But, I must say, this one holds up to the test!! And I myself have oily lids, so this really does work! Please note: I did set this with shadows on top! I'm not sure how this product holds up solitaire on the lids.

All in all, I rate this product 4 stars out of 5. Packaging can be a bit better, enticing, and the product (itself or the packaging) could hold up a bit better to avoid the product itself falling out of the packaging as soon as you open it!


thePLAINESTjane




No comments:

Post a Comment