Saturday, January 19, 2013

Maybelline Color Whisper - A Review

With the hype I've been hearing about this product, I had to give it a shot. But to be honest, I wasn't too excited, hence all of the other 'mild pigmented lipsticks/balms'..i.e. Loreal's Balm, Revlon Lip Butter, Revlon Lip Stains, etc., etc.
 
First things 1st, the Whisper whispers 'unsanitary'. The product is sold in stores and on the stands in an unsealed package. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can walk past, glance, open and swatch the product with no hesitation or deterrents. This is disappointing. I found my Whisper in the back of the back, it seemed untouched at 1st look and close examination. However, due to my leeriness, I wiped off the top layer and sanitized.
 
For whatever odd reason, the swatches do not appear on my arms/wrist. This was slightly discouraging. I'm sure we all have had a product that appears one color and applies transparent. After all, there was some actual color payoff! The nude really compliments my skin tone, as other really bright nudes make my lips look ashy and undesirable, lol. These Color Whispers are very moisturizing and glide on sooo smooth!
 
As you can see, I always reach for the same 2 colors when going for nudes, a really nudey type of nude (kind of like a fair woman's concealer stick looking nude with a hint of peach) and a soft brown type of nude. <~~ The queen of descriptions here..lol. With these Revlon Lip Butters, they apply streaky. So, there's no effortless way to apply these colors, and for Heaven's sake, don't even mention without a mirror. Also, they're of a bit of a thick consistency, and not half as moisturizing. I wish I could explain to you my lip type in order to convey this last trait..butttt, I won't waste 73 words on that. Anyhow, the product settles into fine lines and quite frankly, dries out the lips in about an hour or so instead of moisturizing! This is disappointing to the 5th power!! Let's give that exponent an exponent of infinity when I say the look of the Lip Butters after it settle is worse!!
 
I say all of this to say that the Color Whisper does none of this, and I am beyond pleased. A few key points to slap you upside the head with: Is moisturizing, great, subtle yet visible color, is buildable, and affordable. My only cons include the initial packaging and it's not crazy long lasting. I'd give it a max of 3 hours. Nonetheless, when the 3 hours is done with it does not settle into lines, look crusty or any of the above; it simply fades or goes away.
 
3.5 out of 5 stars. Would repurchase.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment